This new year, why not set a few goals for your home? Home resolutions should help to beautify your home, make it cleaner and better organized leading to a more positive environment for you and your family. As the premier agent for all your Penticton real estate needs, I would like to share the following possible New Year’s home resolutions.
Reducing your carbon footprint is always a great goal, regardless of what time of year it is. Why not take this goal a step further and apply it to your home as well? A green home will save you money as you reduce your monthly energy bill. Some easy ways to achieve this green goal include:
- Turn down the heat. Turn down your thermostat at night or when you leave the house. This simple task will not only reduce your monthly heating bill, it will also help you save some money.
- Turn off the lights in any room that you are not in. This will help reduce your monthly energy bill.
- Turn down your hot water tank by a few degrees. You will not even notice the temperature difference and will save money on your next heating bill.
Clean it Up
A clean and well organized home equals a more relaxed and less chaotic environment. Take the time this new year and streamline your home to open up more room and create an efficient living space. Go through each room and try to remove as many items as possible. Household items that are outgrown, outdated or just worn out or broken should be moved out of the house.
Here’s the Deal:
If you haven’t used an item in the last year, chances are it needs to be removed from your home.
Schedules are a great way to help you organize and break down the tasks that need to be completed to reach any goal. A schedule is also an excellent tool that can be used to keep your home in tip-top shape this year. Break your home cleaning schedule into two parts:
- A weekly schedule. Chores such as vacuuming, taking out the garbage and recycling as well as laundry and picking up a room should all be part of your weekly schedule.
- A daily schedule. Tasks such as dishes, hanging up clothes and putting dirty clothes in the hamper can all be part of a daily schedule.
Make this a family activity and get everyone involved with both daily and weekly chores.
These resolutions should make your home more livable and better organized. If you are interested in other New Year home goals or would like to see some of the new and exciting real estate opportunities that abound in Penticton, please contact me today. I look forward to working with you soon.
Happy New Year.