Why I Love Penticton
On a personal note, here are some of the reasons I love living here.
- On both sides of town we have beautiful lakes with gorgeous beaches.
- Penticton residents are friendly and genuine. I walk down the street, and many people say a friendly “Hello”.
- I really enjoy getting up early on Saturdays to take a walk through the Farmer’s Market with tons of fresh produce, baked goods, plants & flowers, handmade goods and more. It was named “Market of the Year” by the British Columbia Association of Farmer’s Markets.
- I love stopping at The Bench café. They have some of the best coffee and breakfast around. The place is always packed with happy folks.
- What could be nicer than having a delicious meal with friends and family in cozy Theos Restaurant.
- Penticton has a small town feel, but has all the amenities you could ever need:
- Newly updated hospital
- Awesome schools
- Public transit and so much more
There is so much to do in this town:
- We have downhill skiing in the winter 45 minutes from downtown, and swimming & watersports in the summer, a 5 minute walk J.
- The Okanagan Valley has become world famous for wines. I enjoy hopping on a wine tour, stopping at some of the many wineries to experience excellent wines and gourmet foods.
- I also enjoy going to the hockey games and awesome shows that at the South Okanagan Events Center.
- Taking in the many festivals that are held each summer, like Peach Fest, Elvis Fest, Rib Fest, and many more. This is summer time country!
- Skaha Bluffs has some of the best rock climbing in Canada, 20 minutes from downtown