Penticton’s spring real estate market is the perfect time for you to sell your home. The added selection of housing, the warm weather and longer days brings a wide range of potential homebuyers eager to find their dream home. As the premier agent for all your Penticton real estate needs, I would like to offer the following tips on how to get your home to stand out from the competition and get it ready for the spring market.
Bring Spring Inside
The best way to get your home ready for the spring real estate market is to incorporate the season into your home. Changing your home’s accessories is one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to bring the season to your next open house. Here are some tips to bring spring inside your home:
- Change up the colour scheme. Add pastels or soft colours such as yellows, pinks, purples or blues. Add these spring colours by changing your throws, couch pillows and bedspreads.
- Add some spring flowers. Tulips are an excellent flower that will give any room that added touch and extra flair. Try displaying tulips in multiple rooms in different ways. Potential home buyers will appreciate that extra touch.
- Light some scented candles to add not only a soft ambiance, but relaxing and inviting , such as vanilla.
- Open your doors and windows to allow the fresh and warm spring air to circulate at your next open house.
A well cleaned home is a must if you are looking to sell. Why not add some extra touches during your next spring clean, so that your home is market ready? Some areas that are often overlooked and need to be addressed to ensure that your home sells:
- Power wash the exterior of your home as well as walkways and your driveway.
- Clean the inside and outside of your home’s windows, wash all drapes and curtains, dust and clean blinds.
- Clean and scrub baseboards and walls and do any needed touch-ups.
- Hire or rent a carpet cleaner to give your carpets a deep and thorough clean before listing your home. Just vacuuming your home will not get it clean enough to satisfy potential homebuyers.
Here’s the Deal:
An immaculately cleaned home may be the most important part of selling your home. Take the extra time and pay attention to even the smallest detail. You do not want to lose a sale because of a poorly cleaned home.
These simple tips should have your home ready for Penticton’s spring real estate market and have your home standing out amongst all the competition. If you would like other helpful selling tips or are thinking about listing your home, please contact me today. I would love to be a part of your sales team. I look forward to working with you soon.